Oct 26, 2020
Read this, this and that too!
How to: Black Friday
1. Get a head start. We all know that Black Friday is way more than just one weekend in November these days. Over the last few years, we’ve seen this famous sale weekend start earlier and earlier…and earlier. Now we see sales a week to a month in advance so make sure you don’t miss out on Purple Wednesday!
2. Do your research. Tell me what you want, what you really really want! What are you looking for? Is there something that you just have to have or really need? Narrow your search down to the important stuff and make a list so you don’t get overwhelmed with all the options.
3. Subscribe Subscribe Subscribe. Some stores only offer deals to loyal subscribers so make sure you get on those mailing lists to see if it’s really worth being part of the fan base. If it’s not, unsubscribe!
4. Price check. Know how much the item you’re looking for is at full retail and be prepared to search for it on a few sites to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Don’t get sucked in by phony percentage discounts and BIG RED NUMBERS. Be sure you’re getting the best deal.
5. Safety net. Make sure you have one! Familiarize yourself with the store’s price match and return policy before you finalize your purchases. Some stores may pause their price-match policy during Black Friday and/or have a Final Sale policy for Sale items, so be careful. Knowing these details will make shopping much more enjoyable.
6. Don't overspend. Be responsible and don't get wrapped up in the excitement. If you don't have the cash right now, try a payment plan but only if it's interest free. Sezzle offers payment plans with 4 equal payments - no interest - no fees, why not?